Love my morning smoothies! They fuel me up with energy for the day. I’ll keep this one short and sweet like the recipe. Vegan and naturally sweetened, this on-the-go breakfast has a few superfoods tossed in for added benefit!
Banana Peanut Butter Healthy Smoothie
- 1–1 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 T peanut butter (also great with almond butter)
- 1/2 medjool date
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1/2 T hemp seeds
- 1/2 T golden flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
You can take this one in many different directions. A few of my favorites are:
- Strawberry Banana smoothie: Omit PB and ice, add a handful of frozen strawberries and more milk.
- Peppermint smoothie: Omit PB and add a few drops of peppermint extract. If you happen to have some healthy chocolate cookies on hand, crumble one in after blending and blend on low for a few seconds. For this purpose I love this recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie and add some cocoa to it to make it chocolatey.
- Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate smoothie: Add cacao powder to your desired chocolatey liking.